- Definity (as marketed in North America) or Luminity (as marketed in Europe)
- US contrast agent produced by Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc., North Billerica, MA
Dosage and Administration
USE IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS
- Parker JM et al: Safety of ultrasound contrast agents in patients with known or suspected cardiac shunts. Am J Cardiol. 112(7):1039-45, 2013
- Abdelmoneim SS et al: Safety of contrast agent use during stress echocardiography in patients with elevated right ventricular systolic pressure: a cohort study. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 3(3):240-8, 2010
- Wilson SR et al: Diagnosis of focal liver masses on ultrasonography: comparison of unenhanced and contrast-enhanced scans. J Ultrasound Med. 26(6):775-87; quiz 788-90, 2007
- Kitzman DW et al: Efficacy and safety of the novel ultrasound contrast agent perflutren (definity) in patients with suboptimal baseline left ventricular echocardiographic images. Am J Cardiol. 86(6):669-74, 2000
- Definity Product Insert (USA). http://www.definityimaging.com/pdf/Definity%20US%20PI%20515987-1017.pdf. Accessed November 2018.
- Luminity Product Insert. https://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/product-information/luminity-epar-product-information_en.pdf. Accessed November 2018.
Related Differential Diagnoses